I love Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday. I love the idea of taking time to celebrate and be thankful. I know God loves seeing His people happy and rejoicing. In the Old Testament the people of God had holidays where they ate and laughed and gave God thanks.
So I say – eat, drink, laugh and have a lot of fun with family and friends. But don’t forget the ‘thanks’ in Thanksgiving. Be grateful for the food at your table, the family and friends that can enjoy time with you, and the freedom we enjoy in our nation.
Remember Jesus did say, I have come that you might have life and have it in abundance. Enjoy this day because it is all we have right now. We ever know what tomorrow will bring.
Here are a few suggestions to make Thanksgiving meaningful.
· Don’t burn the turkey
· Make lots of dessert!
· Have cookies on hand in case dessert runs out
· Ice-cream is not an option, it is a MUST!
· Forget the diet
· Be thankful
· Be generous
· Be kind
· Be thoughtful
· Be sober
· Enjoy the moment
· Don’t overindulge
· Wrap your arms around your kids
· Tell your spouse you love them
· Thank the people who prepared the meal
· Have a few Pepcid or antacid on hand
· Help with the dishes!
· Better still – use paper plates!
· Watch a girlie movie – no war movies at Thanksgiving please!!!
· Make a lasting memory!
P.S. Remember, the diet starts tomorrow!!
Be blessed one and all.
I am and always will be,
Recklessly abandoned, ruthlessly committed and in relentless pursuit of Jesus,