As we enter 2015 most of us are filled with hopes and dreams for this coming year. Many people make New Year's resolutions, but unfortunately many of those come undone pretty quickly. As I contemplate 2015 there are a number of things I am acutely aware of.
- I must live life to the full - enjoy the moment, seize every opportunity that comes my way and live with passion.
- I must live carefully - remind myself that I am a mortal who is finite, so I must determine to live cautiously and ensure I do not end a single one of my days with any regrets.
- I must keep short accounts - don't hold grudges with people. Life is way too short to have enemies. Live, laugh and love!
- I must forgive quickly - when I am offended I need to forgive quickly and ensure my heart is free. When I do not forgive my heart becomes bitter and my soul atrophies. I do not want that for 2015.
- I must appreciate my family - they are precious and I need to remind myself of that everyday, especially when I am tired and stressed. My family are the most important and special treasure and I need to work hard at those relationships.
- I must remind myself I have only one life to live - this is it, once this life is over it is over.
- I must remember life is short - it is as a vapor the Bible says and so I need to remember I am not here forever.
I want 2015 to be a special year. Like each one of you reading this blog I have hopes and dreams. But so much is dependent upon my attitude. It is not dependent on people, the economy, the rulers of the land or any other force - it is chiefly dependent upon how I determine to live this year.
So I pray that each one of us will be sober and vigilant and live this year well. My prayer is that God will bless you and that you will resolve to live well. A life well lived honors God and blesses others. May your life be a blessing in 2015.
I am and always will be,
Recklessly abandoned, ruthlessly committed and in relentless pursuit of Jesus,